H2S Alive Blended Renewal
Please check by calling the Authorized Training Providers (ATPs) in your area BEFORE registering to the theory portion of this course.
This course shows workers how to work safely in and around Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) environments
Upon successful completion of the online theory exam with a minimum score of 70%, students will be eligible to complete the skills assessment through an Authorized Training Provider. Successful completion of the skills assessment will result in a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years. Should a student be unsuccessful in either the online theory or skills assessment on the first attempt, they will be required to attend classroom delivery of H2S Alive to achieve their certification.
- H2S Properties
- Health Hazards and Locations
- Hazard Assessment and Control
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Initial Response Strategy
- Current (not expired) H2S Alive certificate
- Government-issued picture ID
Equipment Requirements for Online Class
- A currently supported version of your operating System for Windows or Apple
- Stable internet connection with a supported web browser
- Web Camera
- Speakers / Microphone (headset recommended)
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course
- Government-issued, photo ID
- Students must complete all elements of the blended learning in full. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed
- Only students with a current H2S Alive certificate may register for the H2S Alive Blended Renewal.
- Registration does not extend the current certificate.
- Participants must be able to put on a mask and breathe under air.
- Participants must be able to participate in rescue drag techniques.
- For the skills assessment, students should wear sturdy footwear and clothing compatible with the activity and movement associated with rescue techniques and donning/doffing of an SCBA.
- Basic literacy and understanding in the language the course is being taught is required.
- The course can be accessed at anytime through your online account, for 90 days from initial registration. Our Energy Safety Canada offices are available to support during regular business hours.
- After completing the online portion, students have 90 days to complete the skills assessment through an ATP in order to be certified.
Detection and Control of Flammable Substances
Online registration not available.